The goal of each dream therapy session is self-empowerment and self -awareness since the real expert on your dreams is you! Since you alone know the emotions and issues you’re experiencing, each session is designed to help you learn the process of understanding your dreams. Although I may ask questions this is my attempt to visualize your dream with as much clarity as possible. Your answers will always be held in complete confidence. These questions also teach you what to ask yourself in the future. We each possess an innate wisdom and the intuitive sense to understand each dream’s message.
I may present you with several possible meanings but ultimately you decide which meaning fits. You will know when a meaning is right if you experience a gut feeling or sensation that feels right. It’s an “ah ha” feeling and sometimes our bodies verify this by an accompanying tingle or “rush” of emotion. Something inside you simply knows, that’s it! Or it just makes logical sense—decoding dreams is a bit like detective work—there is always a logical connection to your daily life. Dreams hold up a mirror to our daily emotions.
It’s also important to remember that dreams may contain several layers of meaning. We may uncover one layer during your session, then you may discover other layers if you continue to meditate on your dreams. During the session you may choose to work on current dreams or dreams that have repeated in the past. Feel free to ask as many questions as you wish. To get the most out of your session:
- Bring your dream journal with you—try to have at least 2 to 3 dreams to discuss
- With each dream try to record as much detail as possible including;
- a. the date it occurred
- b. if you wish highlight or underline any symbols, actions or irregularities that stood out
- note the main emotion or emotions you felt–this is perhaps the strongest key to understanding your dreams.
- Record or think about what was happening in your life when the dream took place. For example if you had a particularly frustrating day at work your dream may reflect this. If changing careers is a major dilemma in your life, your dreams may focus on this for several months or even years.
- Feel free to bring whatever you wish to record the session since there will be a lot of information you may not remember, and I will be teaching you how to decode your dreams.
There is no one correct way to understand a dream. Each of us finds their own method. All that is required is an honesty and sincerity, but the process is always rewarding and exciting.
Questions Before Initial Dream Session There are no wrong answers here.
- What do you feel your greatest need is in life right now if any?
- If you could change anything what would it be?
- Describe what you feel are your greatest personal gifts or assets.
- What are your greatest weaknesses or challenges in life?
- What are your greatest fears?
- What are your greatest goals in life?
- What do you enjoy doing most in your spare time?
- If you are working how do you feel about your present job? Are there any unresolved conflicts you are having at work?
- Have you had different jobs in the past?
- How would you describe your relationships with members of your immediate family? Do you feel you have any unresolved issues with family members? Are there family members who are creating problems or stresses in your life right now?
- Are there friends or neighbours causing any stress or anxiety for you?
- Are you married or involved in a relationship? If you are in a relationship how would you describe it? If you are not in a relationship are you content with life?
- What gives you joy and energy or makes you feel good about yourself?
- What drains your energy the most?
- How would you describe your spiritual life or link to your soul or spirit?
Initial dream therapy session is one and a half hours so that we have time to go over these questions. If additional time is needed sessions will be one hour. Fee is $80. To book a dream therapy session e-mail email@example.com